Thursday, April 3, 2008

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

Look what I found outside my kitchen window when I got home from a long weekend in Wellington!



It's an amaryllis plant, and I have no idea how it got there. See all the crappy wires and pipes coming out of the house around it? I clearly did not plant a beautiful flower in this particular spot, but who did? It's the side of the house that we pay the least amount of attention to, so it's even a wonder that I discovered it. And, I think Bubba's taken the weed-whacker to the leaves a few times, as we both thought it was just a weird plant of some sort. I never would have expected THIS!

I think it's God's little gift to me for the day. Here, you did nothing to deserve this plant, but here it is anyway. Isn't that what Grace is all about?

5 comments:

Christine said...

It's beautiful! I'm jealous - I wish I had lovely flowers growing up around here! We are still getting frost in the mornings.

Bubba's Mom said...

That, my sweetie, is a God Wink!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Aw - Bubba's Mom said what I was gonna say!

Katie Lady said...

Yes, but what's He winking at me about?

Editor in Chief said...

Those pipes / lines are the life blood of the house.