Saturday, April 12, 2008

I Don't Know How I Did It

The orchid my mom gave me last year as a housewarming gift came back and bloomed again this year! It's just been sitting on the window sill in my kitchen, and I water it when I remember it's been a while since I watered it last. Here's some pics in sequence:

March 13, I notice that there is a long, slender stem with buds on it coming off of the once-empty stalk. I don't have a picture of the stalk prior to this, so just picture it without one. Needless to say, I was shocked!


April 1, buds getting ready to bloom!


April 6th, 1 blossom with another on the way


April 9th, with 3 blooms!


Yay! I'm so proud of myself, I've always wondered if it was a once-and-done kind of plant, or would come back year after year. Hooray!

FYI, cjh's orchid came back, too! Go check it out!

2 comments:

cjm said...

We are awesome. :o)

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

It's beautiful!