Monday, April 28, 2008

End of One Chapter, On To The Next

I am officially done nursing Drew. It's been 1 year, 2 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days. I know it's time, he is loving cow's milk and getting to be just too busy to snuggle and nurse with me anymore. And, we were down to once a day anyway, in the morning when we were both half-awake. But now it's over, and I'm wistful. Wishing I could have one more day. I know this is mostly because it means my baby is no longer a baby anymore, but a full-blown toddler. But I will miss that special bond I had with him. Breast-feeding is the best feeling in the world, and I absolutely LOVED it. I'm so blessed that I was able to do it for so long.

And, I think I'm ready to be done, too. It's time. No more worrying about not taking any type of drug for fear of what it will do to my milk supply. No more nursing bras (although I think they are rather comfortable! Just not that sexy....). No more having to get up with Drew on the weekends, Bubba can do that now! I'm happy to have my body back. Except now there is nothing to take my extra calories, so I'm going to have to start watching what/how much I eat again. Boo.

This is going to take some getting used to....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time for another baby!

Katie Lady said...

Um, not just yet, thankyouverymuch.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I bet Bubba is happy. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Nice bras! Oh to dream.

cjm said...

I, for one, am very proud of you for making it that long. Impressive.

Mike in NY said...

"...Bubba can do that now!"

So, his milk supply hasn't run out?

BTW, you will NEVER get to sleep in anymore, unless you go away without the kids for the weekend.

angelq said...

I'm a wee bit jealous. I enjoy nursing, but am beginning to REALLY dread having to pump at work. Only six more weeks until we can start cow's milk.