Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Handy Woman

Guess WHO fixed the cable last night? That's right, your's truly! Bubba was on the phone, and in a stroke of brilliance, I thought "What if I just mess with the cables back there and see what happens?" We have internet, so we know the line into the house is working, and we know that we're getting SOME sort of signal, because we get all the info and the guide from the cable company. So, I move the speaker out of the way and unscrew one of the cables from our 'splitter' (where it splits to the cable modem and the cable TV box), and voila! We have a picture on our tv! I hoot and holler and jump up and down that I fixed it! But, now the internet is not working. :( We ended up stealing someone else's wireless connection last night (which I ALSO figured out, because our modem was not plugged in, but we were still able to check email and be on the internet, and that's when I figured that out, too!), but for the most part, we are going to have to choose between internet and TV until they can come look on Friday. Bubba called The Evil Cable Company back (side bar....don't think they are really so evil, as THEY actually called US last night about 6:45 to see if they could try remotely fixing it again. How awesome is that?) to explain what happened and see if they could reset the cable modem from afar. No such luck. We think it has something to do with our signal strength not being strong enough to operate both TV and Internet at the same time. We'll see when the guy comes on Friday (yep, that's still on). I don't know how that happened, all I know is I fixed it so we could watch the Gilmore Girls season premier last night! AND the Astros! (Who are now only a game and a half back from 1st place in the NL Central....will wonders never cease?)

All is right in the world now. Except for my damn allergies. But that's for another post.

3 comments:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Katie the Cable Guy....er Girl! Any kin to Larry? You're brilliant! Little Son once fixed Bubba's Mom's TV with some beanbags and a deck of cards - maybe you could call him for consultation on the cable thing...

So glad you got to watch your show. AND the Astros!!! WE BELIEVE!!!!

cjm said...

Yea for TV! I, too, watched the Gilmore's and caught the score for the Astros. And, how about this, I'm working on finding you some allegedly good Mexican food in the greater NYC area. Today and tomorrow I'm working with someone who lives in NJ.

Editor in Chief said...

No such thing as good Mexican in NY. I don't listen to New Yorkers when they talk about Mexican food. I tune out.