Monday, July 3, 2006

~Sigh~

I'm at work today, on what SHOULD be a holiday, Monday, July 3rd. Not one of the 'big bosses' is at work today. Probably because they have more vacation than they know what to do with (I like to call these people Workaholics That Make The Rest Of Us Look Bad). It was so depressing to get on the [usually crowded] train today. Why do engineering firms INSIST on making their employees suffer? Not many other professionals are working today, why must we?

Bubba isn't even at work today, his firm gave him the day off because they've all been working so hard. Hmph. Guess we slackers over here at my firm haven't been. I'm sad that I don't get to hang around and do nothing with him today. Instead, I'm suffering here in boredom because I'm kind of at a cross-roads and my project manager isn't here to help enlighten me.

Oh well. In a sheer stroke of luck, I returned home from Texas to find out that we are going to have Summer Hours this summer for the first time ever! This is where you work 4 - 10 hour days and get a day off instead of 5 - 8 hour days. I've requested Friday off, so we'll see if I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to take Monday (40% of each department has to be here either Monday or Friday). Either way, YAY FOR ME!!!

6 comments:

Editor in Chief said...

Bubba did the chores all day.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Isn't Bubba a good house husband? I hear he even watched Oprah.

cjm said...

Katie-I'm no longer a lurker...

Bubba, glad you did the chores. I had to work today, too. My supervisor was also on vacation. His supervisor goes on vacation next week. Me--I'm beginning to think "vacation" is a mythical thing.

Pigs said...

Yay for summer hours. That rocks.

japruf said...

I worked too.

I thought y'all were out of town!

we would have called...

Eddie said...

Summer hours rock!