Friday, November 18, 2005

Party Central

I'm having a party at my place on Saturday. Bubba and I are participating in a Progressive Dinner with our Couples Class, and we are having dessert at our place. I have never participated in a progressive dinner party, so I'm pretty excited. The difference here is that this is Manhattan, and space is limited. We have 31 people, including children (all under the age of 10, mostly babies) who are coming. That's a lot of folks, even if we were all to be in a house! So our organizer has split everyone into 3 groups for dinner so everyone can sit down, and we are all together for appetizers and dessert. Now, the most people we have ever had at our apartment at one time is 12, I think. Even if a few of the parents don't make it to dessert (which means they miss out on my fabulous mousse!), that leaves roughly 2-dozen people coming to my small one-bedroom apartment. I was thinking about it last night, and decided it will just have to be like the big party Audrey Hepburn throws in Breakfast at Tiffany's where there are so many people that some end up standing in the shower. That means I better make sure the shower is clean! Yikes! Talk about good, clean fun!

1 comment:

Pigs said...

Well in a big house, it always feels like there's not that many people there, so this will be nice and cozy! Have fun! We have the same thing at our house next weekend! Dessert and everything. Ha!