Friday, February 22, 2008

Opulence Out of Control

I watched the GMA 'Behind the Scenes' at the Kodak theater this morning, in preparation for the Oscars on Sunday. And I have to say, I am completely disgusted with all of it. Not the Oscars in general, just the spectacle of what they have to do to impress these super-stars with GOBS of money anyway. All the gold, and the roses, and the yada yada yada. I mean, come on!!! And that's not even the goodie bags of free crap they give the people who could afford to buy it anyway. It just chaps my hide (yes, I'm in TX, and we can say those kinds of things here) that the amount of money they spend on this crap could feed a small country for a year.

Grrr......

3 comments:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

It truly is outgrageous. The stuff they put in those goodie bags!!!! So much excess....and all for the same stars that go on these missions to save Africa or feed hungry children. Whatever! Sell your goodie bag stuff and feed them for a year!

Bubba's Mom said...

I completely agree Katie Lady and am boycotting the telecast. So there!!

Anonymous said...

Well, being a mom of two seemingly means you didn't see a single movie nominated this year. Ode for the days before kids when we'd have big Oscar watching parties rooting on our favorites. What a contrast!

AGV!