Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Next 30 Years

I left my 20s behind on Sunday. It kind of came and went without too much fan-fare, as we're in the midst of moving and getting on with the rest of our lives. Which is very appropriate for this blog subject. I think Tim McGraw says it best in his song, so I'm going to plagiarize terribly and post the words here. I don't have time to come up with something better, I'm a busy Mama who barely has time to post at all, let alone any original, titillating material. I've never been one for making a big deal out of birthdays anyway, so here ya go.

I think I'll take a moment, celebrate my age.
The ending of an era, and the turning of a page.
Now it's time to focus in on where I go from here.
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years.

In my next thirty years I'm gonna have some fun.
Try to forget about all the crazy things I've done. (not really, I'm proud of all that)
Maybe now I've conquered all my adolescent fears,
And I'll do it better in my next thirty years.

My next thirty years I'm gonna settle all the scores,
Cry a little less, laugh a little more.
Find a world of happiness without the hate and fear.
Figure out just what I'm doing here
In my next thirty years.

Oh my next thirty years, I'm gonna watch my weight.
Eat a few more salads and not stay up so late.
Drink a little lemonade and not so many beers, (yeah, right!)
Maybe I'll remember my next thirty years.

My next thirty years will be the best years of my life.
Raise a little family and hang out with my wife. (well, my hubby)
Spend precious moments with the ones that I hold dear
Make up for lost time here, in my next thirty years.

Maybe later I'll come up with something original. For now, this will have to do.

6 comments:

Timmie Smith said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Katie! I had you on my calendar this year and still managed to miss the date. Welcome to the next 30.

My next 30 years has been one of my favorite songs since it was released. Phil Vassar hit the nail on the head with those lyrics.

Bubba's Mom said...

Katie dear, it will only get more interesting, and I hope the next 30 years are the best years of your life.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Welcome to the 30's! So glad you're here!

Editor in Chief said...

The first 30 years only featured Bubba for 7 years. The next 30 years will feature Bubba for all 30.

Also a thought, we signed a 30 year mortgage.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I bet ya'll don't live in that house for 30 years, tho....

P.S. I tagged you, Katie Lady! See my blog for the survey! Post your answers on your blog and then tag some more people!

Anna Maria Pellizzari said...

Happy Belated! I hear ya on the anticlimactic 30th birthday; that's how mine was last year. Next one's coming up, and it's gonna be a lot better...

Came over from Pigs's blog.