Friday, July 29, 2005

The Other Shoe

I haven't figured out what I'm waiting for yet, but I've come to terms with it. I need to just enjoy the moment, live in the moment, and stop worrying about what's around the corner. This is very hard for me, as I am a self-prescribed Planner and am happy to be so. I married a bigger Planner than I am, so this sometimes becomes a problem. But when my Planner Husband tells me I need to stop worrying about planning something I don't know about yet, I know it's time to cool it. Life is happening all around me in this wonderful city. (It's wonderful again now that it's not 100 outside. Yes, I know those of you in Texas are saying so what, but I'm a Texan, too, and it's a completely different thing to leave the nice air conditioning to go wait 10+ minutes underground in the oven that is the subway system. 1 minute is bad enough. And, most people here, myself included, do not have central air. It's much worse here than it is there.) I have things to look forward to, not things to wait in angst for!

In the meantime, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

No comments: