Monday, June 2, 2008

He's a Tough Guy

I have one tough little boy!

Drew was out tonight with his Daddy in the backyard swinging. I came out to water my extremely thirsty plants (time to start the twice-a-day watering already), and Drew came down the side of the house with me to fill up the watering can. On the way back to the backyard, he stepped in the big hole he always manages to step in right on the edge of the driveway. He cried out because he fell, and I was really afraid he'd twisted his ankle or something. I pick him up to check it out and comfort a bit, and he starts struggling to get back down so he can climb up the stairs to the deck again (we're into up-and-down the stairs, over and over again). That's when I notice the blood on my arm. Where did THAT come from? Turns out, Drew busted his nose! I have no idea how, as I know he didn't hit the driveway, or any other solid/concrete object because I was watching him. He must have just busted it on the ground. What is amazing, though, is that he DIDN'T CRY. Just the initial crying/yelling/protest sound. And, blood was gushing out of his nose, so he got himself pretty good. Bubba and I couldn't believe it. Just went on about his business like nothing had happened.

I guess this is a good thing.....there will be no 'crying wolf' if he's truly hurt! Hopefully, this behavior lasts....

3 comments:

Pigs said...

Isn't is amazing how tough little boys are? Piglet's done some things that would've made me cry as an adult, but they don't even phase him. He's gotta get back to the truck/steps/stick that he was involved with just prior to the accident ASAP.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Did Bubba faint?

Bubba's Mom said...

If Drew Bear ever has to go to the emergency room, call us. Bubba will be of no help. He has a phobia about hospitals. Oh, and doctors, nurses, needles, scissors, stitches, splints, incisions, abrasions, scratches, concusions, dentists, drilling and/or deadening of the mouth, cuts, anesthesia, hospital food, hospital smell, & ambulances.