Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Sickies

We have had quite a week-and-a-half here in the Bubba Household. I managed to get another breast infection last Sunday, and was down for the count for a few days....fever, aches, the whole bit. Then on Thursday, I woke up at 2am and started puking. Had a 24-hour bug, I'm pretty sure, and it sucked. I basically didn't eat anything for 2 days, and Bubba's Mom came to stay Thursday night to help me with Drew Bear on Friday so I could try to recuperate. I was much better by Sunday, although still very weak.

Monday Night the Drew Bear lost his dinner, as well as his snack by the looks of it, right before bed, so I was very worried HE'S picked up a bit of this. He's also had a touch of diarrhea, which is just super-fun. He didn't throw up again Monday night, but Tuesday morning, about 1am, Bubba woke up and started puking. All night. In the midst of all THAT, Drew had a blow-out, I-smelled-it-before-he-woke-up diaper that prompted a laundry session in the middle of the night. So, yesterday wasn't so fun. To cap it all off, I had choir rehearsal last night (instead of tonight like normal) because of some speaker tonight that everyone wanted to go to. And, as we're on the verge of Holy Week and have a ton of services to sing next week, I really couldn't just skip it. So Bubba's Mom and Dad came, yet again, to stay with Drew Bear and help take care of Bubba. Katie-Katie-Mama-Lady was one tired puppy last night.

Drew is doing better, much better, although still has the squirts and is cutting a molar, poor thing. His mouth is really bothering him. And, Bubba has announced he's hungry this morning, so hopefully we are on the mend!

Needless to say, however, I have gone through and tried to sanitize EVERYTHING in this house. It would be just my luck to get this AGAIN a week from now....

3 comments:

cjm said...

So I'm guessing y'all haven't been showing the house all that much? Hope you are all doing better!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I'm not coming to your house for a while, k?

Pigs said...

See what you can do about getting rid of that before you come visit, how about? ;o)

Feel better!